Reporting taxes as a professional on the Medely platform can be pretty simple, and we'll do our best to break it down for you. Keep in mind that the following is not tax advice. You should always report earnings according to tax laws. If you have more questions about how to file or that are specific to your tax situation, we suggest speaking with a tax professional in good standing with the IRS.

Medely has partnered with Payable to electronically process 1099-MISC’s for Medely Professionals. Follow the instructions from Payable to complete your tax details and receive your 1099-MISC.

The Basics:

All professionals are users of the Medely platform. No matter the type of income you’re reporting, you are not considered an employee of Medely. As such, you are not required to provide Medely’s EIN (Employer Identification Number) on your tax return.

Transaction History:

Whether or not you receive a Form 1099-MISC, You will be able to download earning summary. This earnings summary will include an itemized list of all completed shifts from the past year. Earnings summaries are available to be downloaded at any time on your transaction history page: Login -> settings -> transaction history

What expenses can I write off?

We highly advise you speak to a tax professional to make sure you report all Medely-related activity in the best way possible and make the proper deductions.

Can you suggest any tax-related resources?

Your best bet for tax information is a tax professional in good standing with the IRS. You'll find a ton of resources on the IRS's official website, including this handy withholding calculator.

Additionally, you can sign up and use Intuit's QuickBooks Self-Employed and TurboTax products.  

Did this answer your question?