Radiology Techs perform x-rays for diagnostic purposes for both illness and injury. They are responsible for accurately positioning patients and ensuring that a quality diagnostic image is produced while following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
Duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare examination room, equipment, and instruments per patient needs
- Identify correct patient and verify the order, explain procedure to the patient
- Position patient correctly for radiological procedures
- Operate x-ray machine according to established procedures to ensure patient safety and comfort, shield patient from radiation as needed
- Constant adherence to radiation safety according to ALARA standards
- Develop, process, and select radiological film
- Review and evaluate images to determine quality and if they need to be redone
- Answer patient questions as they relate to the procedure
- Operate within radiologic standards of care
- Document patient care records in accordance with outlined policies and procedures
- Reviews each examination for technical accuracy, presents completed examination to radiologist, and communicates pertinent data to persons responsible for the care of the patient following the procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area; controls inventory of supplies for assigned area and cleans and disinfects exam rooms and equipment as needed.
- 1-2 years recent relative work experience as a Radiology Tech (not including clinical rotations)
- Current ARRT certification
- State License (if required per state)
- Current BLS
- Current TB Screen
- Valid Photo Identification/Driver's License
- Successful completion of a Background Check and Medely's screening process