About Assignments with Medely:
Medely has local and travel assignments that allow you to experience the same flexibility as local per diem jobs.
- Assignments range from 4 weeks to 13+ weeks.
- You may set your preferences in the assignments tab when you are logged in at www.medely.com. Choose one state or multiple states to receive notifications for all the assignments in those desired locations.
- If you are interested in applying for an assignment, click “Apply”. This doesn’t mean you are booked for the job. The facility invites candidates for a quick phone interview before booking the professional.
- It’s helpful for you to know that facilities may work with your schedule. For example if you are only able to commit to 3 out of the 4 or 5 days requested each week. You will be able to discuss this with the facility during the interview.
What's the difference between local and travel assignments on Medely’s platform?
Local assignments are posted by healthcare facilities when they need coverage for more than just one shift! Instead of posting several per diem jobs, they can book one professional for the desired days over a number of weeks.
- Payouts for local assignments are processed within 2-6 business days after the completion of each shift. Typically, the rate is based on the per diem pricing for that market unless the facility chooses to offer a higher rate.
- Local assignments do not include housing or travel expense reimbursements.
- This can be a great option if it is near your permanent address, in between travel assignments, or when visiting friends/family that reside in that area.
- Local assignments are 1099, thus taxes are not withheld.
Travel assignments are hosted and monitored by a team of Medely Assignment Coordinators.
- Travel Assignments are eligible for Lodging and Meal & Incidental Expenses (M&IE) allowances.
- Payouts for Travel assignments occur once per week each Friday.
- You can find Travel assignments in the “Assignments” tab of your Medely account.
- You will be able to view the estimated weekly pay. M&IE expenses will be detailed in the pay breakdown. The job details will also distinguish if it is a Travel assignment for additional clarification.
- Travel Assignments are paid as W2, thus taxes are withheld.