Medical Assistants perform administrative and clinical duties under the supervision of a physician or physician assistant. Medical assistants work as part of the healthcare team to facilitate the unit's ability to meet its goals and objectives.
Medical Assistant: Includes, but not limited to:
- Greet patients and obtain up-to-date personal, confidential information and medical history.
- Perform a variety of assisting and servicing activities, both with the patients and to help maintain the area.
- Receiving phone calls, process messages as appropriate, scheduling appointments, managing specialty referrals and billing.
- Prepare and maintain patient medical records to ensure all pertinent information is up-to-date prior to and following physician’s visit and file appropriately.
- Understanding and utilization of paper or electronic medical records.
- Maintain organized and efficient office, monitor and track quality and safety data of office equipment.
- Provide patient education, collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, assisting with procedures.
- Ensure exam rooms are stocked and cleaned, supplies adequate, instruments and medical equipment are maintained per facility policy.
- Transmitting prescription information and refills as directed.
- Assist physician and physician assistant in exam rooms as indicated, obtain vital signs with appropriate documentation in patient’s chart, provide patient support.
- 2 years recent working experience as a medical assistant (not including clinical rotations/internships/externships)
- Current BLS Card
- Current TB Screen
- Valid Identification/Driver's License
- Successful completion of a Background Check and Medely's screening process
Current Certification Required for Certified Medical Assistants (at least one):
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - American Association of Medical Assistants
- Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) - American Medical Technologists
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) - National Center for Competency Testing
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) - National Healthcare Association
- Podiatric Medical Assistant, Certified (PMAC) - The American Society of Podiatric Medical Assistants
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) - The Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology